My PLN and how fast things change

I was visiting this collection of Professional Learning Network names the other day.

OZTweechersPLN         (my name is there somewhere)

It occurred to me how fast things change and move. 12 months ago I had just started my journey into all things digital and learning andv was still somewhat bamboozled by where to start and how to connect with people.  Today I looked through this list and lamented at what a waste this list seems to be (for me). A list is all well and good, but I have never been approached online because my name was on this list – nor do I expect to be – and I have never used this list to search and find a person (resource) for a particular learning need. At this point in my busy productive online life I doubt I will have time to use this amazing resource in any way that does it justice. THIS list is not MY PLN, but I do have one. I joined this group full of optimism that it would lead me into vibrant academic discussions and learning undreamed of as an isolated operator. This has not been my reality.

HOWEVER, despite my experience, this is still a valuable resource and I recommend it highly for those looking to start connecting with other people who are doing great stuff in education in the online and real world environments.